Monday, July 21, 2008

"He's a tactile learner..."












I am an educator, I understand what "tactile learner" means... but I had ABSOLUTELY no idea what the reality of that statement was until this weekend. Ethan James was described as a tactile learner by his therapists. He is crawling all over the place and we are very thankful for all of their hard work to ensure that he is developing correctly and using all of his muscles- I think! On Saturday, I put Ethan in the exersaucer b/c he has been getting into things all over the house, now that he's crawling and so curious about his surroundings. I was tired, and I thought there was a chance that I would doze off- I wanted him safe... right? Well, all of a sudden I heard a "boom"- and when I opened my eyes- Ethan was not in the saucer any longer, but on the floor... yes... this means that ETHAN CLIMBED OUT OF THE EXERSAUCER!!! That little munchkin wanted the toys on the floor and found a way to get to them. The even scarier part is that he didn't cry, wasn't even startled, so on top of being so curious he's also FEARLESS. We are investing in a play yard pronto- and we are wondering if we are going to survive Ethan's childhood as this is only a precurser to the things that will come... UGH! This is a picture of our "Indiana Jones" already attempting to climb the stairs in our living room... we said we wanted them to crawl and be more active, now we are going to start the real adventure!!!

2 comments:

Bellanca43 said...

Go for the play yard! I put it right up there with a washing machine and a dishwasher as far as modern tools go...

It lets me take a shower and in December we put it around the Christmas Tree...

Enjoyed reading about the Winklets!

Momma-of-5 said...

Oh boy! Congrats? You've got my sympathy...