Sunday, July 13, 2008

FIRST BIRTHDAY!!! YEAH...






I am amazed at our children every day. Today was their first birthday party- we had invited about 100 people (nothing small in this house!) and our boyos were so good. I had tried to arrange it so the party started after their second nap, so as to keep them in their routine for the day of festivities. This was only semi-successful b/c the boys woke up really early from their naps. But, you'd never know it as they were ohhhh'ed and ahhh'ed over, passed from one family member to another friend. They have decided that Auntie Amy's banana cake is right where it's at- they LOVED IT! Even Gabe ate like a champ! Someone mentioned that now I know what to give Gabe to get him to eat solid food. I would eat banana cake every day too! We were blessed with really good weather- we didn't even need the two tents we had put up for anything other than shade! It was really a nice party- we had a chance to see everyone we loved and celebrate the boy's life- and that we all survived that first year.

I said during the party that I wouldn't have another birthday party until the boys turned sixteen, and then after the party that changed to when they turned five, and now... well, we'll see what next year brings. I loved having a reason to get our families together. To be honest, I loved showing everyone how healthy and happy our babies are. It was a great day to celebrate our blessings- family and friends... babies.

I am adding a photo montage of the birthday. People have asked where I was able to put together the other videos and it's all from www.onetruemedia.com it is so easy and really fun!

Thank you to everyone who joined us today!

2 comments:

Momma-of-5 said...

Seriously, your sister or someone MADE that cake? It's AWESOME! It's JUST what I want for my gang. How'd she do it? Any tricks she can share?

Becky and Mike Winkler said...

I will ask her if she has any hints- I know that she froze them before frosting them. She's amazing- it was my sister-in-law...